Samuel Joseph Michlap is a Production Designer at DreamWorks Animation and was the visual development artist on Megamind.
He has preivously worked as a Production Designer at Imagi Studios and Imagi Animaiton Studioes (2007-2008) and was responsibile for the visual design of "AstroBoy". He was Head of Visual Development at IDT Entertainment and Starz Media (2005-2007). Before that he previously worked with DreamWorks Animation (1996-2005) as Production Designer, Art Director and Vis Dev Artist. A Layout Artist at Disney Feature Animation and Journeyman Layout Artist at Walt Disney Feature Animation (1992-1996).
He studied Illustration at the California Art Institute (1989-1992) and Bachelor of Arts (BA), Illustration at California State University-Northridge (1987-1992).
- Rise of the Guardians (2012) - visual development artist
- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (2012) - visual development artist
- Megamind (2010) - visual development artist
- Astro Boy (2009) - production designer
- Monsters vs. Alien (2009) - visual development artist
- Everyone's Hero (2006) - visual development
- Shark Tale (2004) - art director
- Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas (2003) - visual development
- The Road to El Dorado (2000) - additional art director
- The Prince of Egypt (1998) - visual development - as Samuel Michlap
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996) - key layout/workbook - as Samuel Michlap
- The Lion King (1994) - layout assistant - as Samuel Joseph Michlap
- Shark Tale: Gettin' Fishy with It (2004) - as himself
- Night of the Living Carrots (2011) - art director
Video Docummentary shortEdit
- A Fishified World (video documentary short) (2005) - as himself
- HBO First Look (TV series documentary) (2004) - as himself